Connect with nature and get your regular dose of natural stress relief while you’re at it! This we should memorize as a daily mantra.
I talk a lot about getting outdoors to move, do your exercise and have fun while you are at it. Most of us don’t follow my advice, sometimes (because of work); I don’t follow my own advice. But I try damn hard to, because I know how much better it makes me feel.
Leading a healthy lifestyle is not just about eating healthy food (if you know what that is) and working out all the time. It’s about being aware of your life and moments throughout your day, and it’s about taking time for you, relaxing, doing fun things alone or with family and friends. The more time you spend focusing on your inner well being and the more you look after you, the better you are going to feel. This will result in a more “productive you” at work and a more “fun you” to be around. People who don’t get out, just stare at a screen all day and night, nor make an effort on weekends to break the mould and do something different, are mostly bitter people who think they have all the cards stacked against them and things are unfair. Well, they don’t at all; they stack them that way with their own self-destructive behaviour. Get out and make an effort!
As a Health Coach with my own story of recovery from depression and being overweight, I can really attest to this being a major factor in the process of getting well again and finding that healthy lifestyle, for real.
Many of us think we are healthy, maybe because you hit the gym every day, or think you eat loads of salad. Not so fast, too much hard exercise actually harms your overall health and well being. What we need is a good dose of balance with everything we do.
But first we need to draw up a menu of everything we “should” be doing and check it daily and weekly to make sure are doing it right.
That menu should include:
- Eat well (and I mean follow the keto diet to become ketogenic). This will in itself become a lifestyle habit for you that you will not want to break. Once you learn how to achieve this and get there, it’s the most amazing feeling.
- Workouts and Fitness Routines need to be carefully coordinated so that you do not over exercise, as so many people do everyday worldwide. Your whole body fitness program may need a total adjustment.
- Set up an “efficient” cardio and weight training program, but do not over exercise.
- Schedule alone time in your calendar for reading and meditating.
- Schedule Play and Fun time alone or with friends and family.
- Make sure you breath take note of what’s going on during your day while you are living it, or you may just miss it and become automated. This is MINDFULNESS; we need to adopt a mindful mind. This will help you take more enjoyment out of any given situation and deal with difficult ones more effectively.